Monday, January 17, 2011

Kindergarten–Week 20

This week we finished up Unit 16 – Jesus Dies and Lives Again and started Unit 17 – Jesus’ Last Days on Earth.  I completely forgot to take pictures this week, but here are the highlights.

We read about Jesus’ resurrection, Jesus appearing to 2 men on the road to Emmaus, Thomas doubting Jesus had risen until he touched his hands, and Jesus telling the disciples to go and tell the whole world that He is risen

…finished memorizing the Lord’s Prayer, and began memorizing Matthew 18:20

…continued working on subtraction in math

…continued reading the Adventures of Grandfather Frog, and laughed when he outwitted Longlegs the Blue Heron and Whitetail the Marsh Hawk

We also had an unexpected box day at the end of the week.  One thing I love about Heart of Dakota is the message board.  The ladies there are awesome women and give great advice and encouragement about homeschooling.  I had posted something on the boards about Samuel being ready to start the emerging readers, but that I wasn’t going to be able to order them till February and wondered what I could do with him till then to keep moving forward.  They gave me great advice as usual.  Then on Friday afternoon, Samuel went outside to play and there was a box on our front porch.  I wasn’t expecting anything and was a little confused, especially when I saw that it was from HOD.  I opened it and someone from the boards had anonymously sit us the entire emerging reader set so Samuel could go ahead and get started!  He was so excited and we were so blessed and thankful that someone would do this for us!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails