Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Grade–Week 3

Another fun week with Sonlight Core A!  I completely forgot to take pictures this week though. 

We memorized Colossians 3:20 – Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.  Samuel is doing a great job with his verses and can say all 3 of them together without any prompting!

In history, we finished reading about the Ancient Egypt, touched briefly on Ancient Greece, and then moved on to Ancient Rome.  Samuel is loving learning about all the different cultures!

We finished reading The Boxcar Children.  Samuel enjoyed it and I know our library has the rest of the series, so I may see if he wants to read anymore of them together.   We also read a few stories from the James Herriot Treasury.  I remember reading James Herriot’s books and loving them, so I enjoyed getting to revisit the stories with Samuel.  I’m glad that he seemed to like them too.

We also started Saxon Math this week.  The first few lessons are mainly just review so it’s been easy for Samuel so far, but I’m sure he’ll be challenged once it gets to new material.

We continued learning about weather in science and I wish I had remembered to take pictures because we did several experiments.  We made a tornado in a bottle and a weather vane which were both really cool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails