Friday, August 19, 2011

First Grade–Week 4

I got a little behind on blogging so I’ve been playing catch up with our weeks-in-review.  Hopefully, now that I’m caught up, I can stay on top of things.

We added another Bible verse, and can now say verses for A-D.  Our D verse is Matthew 7:12 – Do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.  I’m so proud of Samuel for remembering them all!

In history, we’ve been learning about Ancient Rome all week.  We made a chariot for our craft on one of the days.

08172011 (3)

We started a new read-aloud, My Father’s Dragon, and Samuel and I are both loving it!  Evidently there are 2 sequels to this book and we will definitely be checking them out from the library when we finish this one!  Samuel begs me to read more than one chapter per day, but I’m too much of a box-checker to deviate from the schedule.

We’re trucking along in math and Samuel actually had his first test this week.  Since everything on it was review from last year, he made a 100!  He was very excited about it!

In science, we learned about fossils, earthquakes, and volcanoes.  Samuel especially enjoyed making a volcano and watching it erupt!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails