Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our New School Room

This weekend, I decided to turn our extra bedroom into a school room. I had thought about it before, but had decided it would be easier to do everything in the living/dining room. Well, I changed my mind :) I decided I didn't want our living room to look like a school room all the time if it didn't have to, and I figured our extra bedroom would get more use as a school room than a guest room.

So, we moved our bookshelves, computer desk, and Samuel's workboxes into the extra bedroom. I had a folding table and chairs in the garage that I set up for us to work at. I like that it folds so we can take it down when we have company, since we will still be using the room as our guest room. The only thing we don't have is a comfy chair or loveseat to sit in when we do our read alouds. I may try to find a cheap futon that I could put in there since that would give us comfy seating, plus it might be more comfy than an air mattress when we have company. Samuel loves his new school room and is so excited about doing school!




That's Samuel's Hooked on Phonics reading chart on the back of the door
I saw this idea online and thought it was a neat idea. You're supposed to use clothesline and mini clothespins, but I had yarn and these clips on hand at the house and they worked out just fine. I may do a big line like this above our folding table eventually to hang maps and things when we start needing them.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails